Monday, January 2, 2012

January News

Executive News
Welcome to 2012! I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday season.
   Did you make any New Year's resolutions? I was going to resolve to get all my UFOs caught up by the end of June ... until my daughter and I went quilt shop hopping in Edmonton and added 5 more projects to my list. Quilters' joy - always something new and different out there!
   Our first business meeting of 2012 is Tuesday, January 10 at 7 p.m. Bring paper and pencil for note taking, and be prepared to volunteer yourself up to help out with something. We'll be looking for fundraisers, quilt show organizers and raffle quilt ladies (committee heads as well as members). And don't forget your Show And Tells!
   2012's first in-Guild is Diane's string quilt on Tuesday January 24 at 9 a.m. See Diane on Tuesdays for your copy of the pattern if you want to take part.
   I don't have an update for you on the Dancing With Thread books since I'm away from home until January 4. I'll check on it when I get home for everyone.
Happy quilting
Stephanie

January Events
Tues Jan 10, 2011 - business meeting 7 pm
Tues Jan 24, 2011- in guild 9 am

In-Guild
See post below

CABA's Quilting Cottage

CABA'S Quilting Cottage is starting off the 2012 quilting year with a class by Liz Faminoff on February 24, 25 and 26th titled "TURK CAP LILIES".  This sparkling design will brighten any day!  The class size will be limited to 8 spots so hurry in to sign up and not be disappointed.
We are very excited in having Anne Rayner-Gould agreeing to do an instructional class for 3 days in March.  Anne will be offering guidance in learning how colours work together.  This class will be doubly useful because it will show us how we can make use of fabrics from our stashes!  Don't miss this one!  We'll be confirming the dates in March soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment